- March: Vinho Verde Wine Festival
- April: Festa da Flor (Flower Festival) in Lisbon
- May: Algarve International Music Festival
- June: Azores Nature Festival
- July: Romaria dos Remédios (Pilgrimage to the Healing Saints) on Madeira Island
- August: Festa do Avante (Avante Music & Arts Festival ) near Lisbon
- September: Setúbal Sardine Festival
- October: Portugal Surfing Championship on the Alentejo Coast
- November/December: Feast of St. Andrew in Braga and Christmas festivities throughout Portugal.
Festivals and other events can often cause accommodation prices to be higher or flights to be sold out. So it's best to plan your trip around these celebrations if possible, to avoid any potential problems.
The best festivals and events depend on your interests; however, some of the must-see celebrations in Portugal are the Vinho Verde Wine Festival in March, Festa da Flor (Flower Festival) in Lisbon in April, Algarve International Music Festival in May, and Setúbal Sardine Festival in September.
The best time to visit Portugal based on weather, crowds, and events is March-May & October-November. During these months, you will experience mild temperatures without the humidity of the summer months and will have access to lower accommodation rates in comparison with the high season. Plus, there are plenty of festivals and other events taking place throughout this period that can make your trip even more enjoyable.
When choosing the best time to visit Portugal, consider your budget and preferences. If you don't mind crowds and are looking for warmer weather, then June-September is probably best; however, if you prefer cooler temperatures and lower accommodation costs, then December-February could be best. Also, check out the festivals taking place during your dates of travel to make your trip even more memorable.